The importance of digital marketing cannot be overstated. Traditional advertising is outdated and creative online marketing has taken its place. In today’s world, advertising is more innovative and intuitive, and your customers are all online.
While this shift has changed how many businesses market themselves, it has also opened the doors to exciting and effective ways for companies to create lasting connections.
Digital marketing encompasses many interconnected facets, such as strategic content creation, search engine optimization (SEO), mobile marketing, and email marketing. You must take the time to familiarize yourself with each of these concepts in order to capitalize on the endless opportunities online marketing offers.
Below our social media and content experts have compiled three effective ways to market your business online and identify both your customers and competitors.
1. Know Your Customers
Before you can begin strategizing or creating content, it’s imperative that you take the time to familiarize yourself with your target audience. Outline at least three client personas around which you will identify your customers’ needs, pain points, and wants.
Here are some critical questions to help get you started:
- Who are your ideal clients? List demographics such as gender, age, level of education, location, and average income.
- What might an ordinary day in their life look like? Who are they dealing with, and what decisions are they making?
- What are their primary pain points? Describe the key challenges they want to overcome and how they relate to your products and services. How does your business solve their most common problems?
- What do they value most, and what are their goals?
- Where do they go for information? Identify the primary sources they use to gather information and what data might influence their purchasing decisions.
- What’s important to them in selecting a vendor? Is it a company that’s a technology leader, one that’s proven in its experience, one that presents a low price point, a company that’s considered a domain expert, etc.?
- What are common objections potential clients give when declining your product or service? List the recurring reasons you hear for why your company won’t meet their needs.
2. Know Your Competitors
Familiarizing yourself with your competitors is the other side of the coin. Study and analyze your competition, then list the following:
- What are your competitors’ greatest strengths?
- What are your competitors’ greatest weaknesses?
- What does their highest-performing content look like?
- What is your business’s USP (unique selling position)?
- What would your recurring clients say they value most about your company? What keeps them loyal and coming back to your business?
3. Content is King
“Content is king” has become a cliche saying for a reason: it’s true!
But content without a thoughtful and well-designed strategy in place will not attract your target audience. You must create with intent. It’s vital that your content aligns with your business’s overall marketing strategy and echoes a consistent brand identity.
Aside from creating content that effectively resonates with your target audience, you need to consistently develop professional-quality videos, photo sets, graphics, animations, blogs, and other engaging materials.
Work Side-by-Side With Professional Digital Marketing Experts
At Lead Revenue, we combine innovative strategies with unparalleled content production and management. Not only will we work with you one-on-one to craft robustly optimized written and visual materials, but we’ll help you develop, launch, and manage a competitive yearly marketing plan to set your business up for success.
Lead Revenue’s advanced content creation service includes:
- Customized, edited, and branded video optimization.
- Customized, edited, and branded images.
- Animated videos and images.
- Infographic design.
- Highly customized social media posts that speak through your business’s voice.
- Intricately researched blog posts.
- Ebooks to establish your business as industry experts.
- White paper marketing.
- Case studies.
- And more.
No other digital marketing agency offers this dimension of value.
Schedule a free demo to see how we can lead your digital marketing efforts from conception to creation to conversion.