Google Ads is a great tool for businesses of all sizes, but small businesses often feel like they can’t compete with larger companies that have bigger budgets. This isn’t always the case – in fact, there are a number of ways to compete even on a limited budget. In this article, we’ll explore some of those strategies so that you can get the most out of your Google Ads campaign.
Google Ads is a service that allows businesses to place ads on Google and its partner websites. Businesses can use Google Ads to reach new customers and grow their business.
There are a number of benefits to using Google Ads:
1. Reach – With Google Ads, businesses can reach millions of people who are searching for what they offer.
2. Targeting – Businesses can target their ads to specific audiences, including people who are searching for what they offer on Google.
3. Cost-effective – Google Ads is one of the most cost-effective ways to reach new customers.
4. Flexible – Businesses can adjust their campaigns to meet their goals and budget.
5. Measurable – businesses can track the results of their campaigns and see how they are performing.
One of the most important aspects of any Google Ads campaign is local awareness. When people are searching for a business or service in their area, you want your business to be at the top of the results. In order to increase your local awareness, you need to make sure that your ads are targeting the right audience and that your website is optimized for local searches.
1. Target Local Audiences – When you create your Google Ads campaign, make sure to target local audiences. This means that your ads will only show up when people are searching for businesses or services in your area.
2. Optimize Your Website – Make sure that your website is optimized for local searches. This means including your city and state on your website, as well as adding local content that is relevant to your area.
3. Use Local Keywords – In addition to targeting local audiences and optimizing your website, use local keywords in your ads. This will help ensure that your ads are showing up when people are searching for businesses or services in your area.
4. Claim Your Google Business Profile Listing – Make sure you have claimed your Google Business Profile listing and completed all of the information correctly. This will help make sure that your business is appearing in local search results.
Pro Tip: Since the ranking of a website on Google can make or break its success, it is imperative to optimize your site for search engines. There are many ways you could do this – blogging being one of the most effective ways that provides free results. It also helps boost credibility by appearing alongside paid ads when people type related keywords into their browser window before clicking away from those advertisements as soon as they appear (which has been proven).
Once you have increased your local awareness, it’s important to focus on creating effective ads that drive leads. When people see your ad, you want them to take action and contact you for more information. Here are some tips for creating effective ads:
1. Use a Clear Call to Action – Your ad should include a clear call to action, such as “Call Us Today for a Free Estimate.”
2. Include Your Contact Information – Make sure to include your contact information in your ad, so people know how to get in touch with you.
3. Keep it Short and Sweet – Your ad should be brief and to the point, so people can quickly understand what you offer.
4. Test Multiple Ads – Always test multiple ads to see which ones are most effective.
Once you have created effective ads, it’s important to focus on maximizing your ROI. This means ensuring that you are getting the most bang for your buck with your Google Ads campaign. Here are some tips for maximizing ROI:
1. Set Your Goals – Know what you want to achieve with your campaign and make sure your goals are realistic. Before you begin, you should know how long this powerful ad channel takes to work. Here’s what you can expect: a successful Google ad campaign will take at least 3 months to mature and then approximately 4-12 months to develop into a strong campaign.
When you first activate your Google ads account, it typically takes 24-48 hours for Google to review and approve your account. After you receive approval, Google takes another 7 days to:
- Gather vital data about your business
- Learn about your desired topic
- Examine your target audience
Depending on how big your business is or how complex your audience may be, this process can take longer to complete.
2. Use Appropriate Budgets – Make sure you are using an appropriate budget for your goals and for your business size. Follow the 20% rule: Avoid budget changes larger than 20% of your current budget.
3. Track Your Results – Make sure to track the results of your campaigns so you can see how they are performing. In reality, it can take between 2-4 weeks for your Google Ads campaign to pick up momentum. So don’t expect leads to come rolling in the first week a campaign launches.
4. Adjust Your Campaigns – Adjust your campaigns as needed to meet your goals and budget.
Pro Tip – The process of optimizing and re-optimizing your Google ad, along with the time it takes for Google’s algorithm to adjust to each change you make, does add up to a 3-month process (7 days x the number of changes made = about 3 months).
5. Use Landing Pages – Use landing pages to capture leads from your ads. This will help you convert more leads into customers.
6. Optimize Your Landing Pages – Make sure your landing pages are optimized for conversions. This means including strong calls to action and providing relevant information about your business.
Google Ads can be a great way for small businesses to reach new customers and grow their business. By targeting local audiences, creating effective ads, and focusing on ROI, you can maximize the results of your campaign. For more tips on how to create an effective Google Ads campaign, contact us today!