It’s that time of year again. Thanksgiving is just around the corner! That means it’s time for great food, time with family, and engaging content on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
In the spirit of giving, the Lead Revenue team has put together four ideas your business can use to connect with its audience on social media this holiday season:
1. Create a Video Message from Your Team
Over Thanksgiving many businesses post brief messages of thanks from their employees. Most of the time, those messages come in a text or image format.
So, why not go the extra mile and create a short video message from your team instead?
When creating your video, we recommend following these tips:
- Keep It Short: It’s generally best to keep video messages under 60 seconds.
- Keep It Simple: No need for over-the-top graphics or fancy edits. A simple message of thanks is all you need.
- Add Closed Captions: Many of your followers will see your video while they’re around family, making it tough for them to turn on the sound. Adding closed captions will ensure they don’t miss your message.
Once your video goes live, check in on the comments section regularly. Your audience is certain to send you some “Happy Thanksgiving!” messages, so make sure you respond in kind.
2. Poll Your Followers on their Favorite Thanksgiving Food
Everybody loves Thanksgiving food! If you really want to get your social media followers talking, ask them what their favorite dishes are.
To create a poll on your Facebook story, follow these simple steps:
- Open Facebook on an ISO or Android device
- At the top of your Feed, tap “Create Story”
- Add your photo or video. You can tap a story type at the top or select a photo or video from your camera roll. Tap the camera icon to take a new photo or video.
- Tap the sticky note smiley face icon located on the top right, then tap “Poll”
- Type your questions, then tap “Yes” or “No” to customize your answers
- Tap “Done” in the top right
- To change the audience of your story you can tap “Privacy” on the bottom left
Once your story is ready to be published, tap “Share to story”
If you want to take the engagement to the next level, consider leaving links to one or two of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes in the comments!
3. Share Some Thankful Quotes
Sometimes, it can be hard to find the right words to tell people how grateful you are. Luckily, you can let others do the talking for you by sharing some thankful quotes with your audience.
Some of our favorite thankful quotes include:
- “Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are.” – Bethany Hamilton
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Anthony Robbins
- “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved.” – Reba McEntire
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
In your post, do not forget to ask your followers to share some of their favorite thankful quotes in the comments!
4. Raise Money for a Local Charity
The holidays are a time for giving, and there’s no better way to engage with your audience while supporting your community than by raising money for a local charity.
We suggest following these simple tips throughout your charity drive:
- Check First: Make sure the charity is okay with you raising money in its name.
- Donate Yourself: Get the ball rolling by making a charitable donation yourself.
- Tell a Story: Tell your followers why you chose the charity. If the charity’s mission if personal to you, share that fact with your audience.
Once your charity drive is over, make sure you update your social media followers on the money it raised – and be sure to thank them for their contributions!
Need Help Managing Your Social Media Accounts? Contact Lead Revenue Today!
Do you need some help connecting with your social media followers? If so, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at Lead Revenue! We’ll be happy to help you create and implement a strategy that will keep your audience engaged throughout the holidays and beyond!
To learn more about our services, all you need to do is give us a call at (866) 463-2928 or fill out our brief online contact form. Our helpful representatives are ready to answer all your questions!