Every company has different objectives for their email newsletters. Some want to drive people to their website and generate sales, while others want to build excitement around a new product.
If your organization’s email newsletter has been falling short of its goals lately, it might be time to make a few improvements. But where should you start?
The Lead Revenue team recommends following these three steps:
1. Use an Enticing Subject Line
Your customers likely receive dozens of emails per day. If you want them to open yours, you will need to find a way to stand out from the crowd.
The best way to achieve that goal is by using subject lines that entice people to click. Something like:
- “This Weekend Only: $1,000 Cashback on All Used Vehicles!”
- “[New Product] Is Here! Get Your First Look Today!”
- “Ready to Grow Your Business? X Sales Tips Inside!”
- “Don’t Miss Out! Only One Week Left in Our Holiday Sale!”
These subject lines excite people and instill a sense of urgency. They feel like they need to open your email right now or risk missing out on important news or a special offer.
A word of caution, though. When writing your subject lines, avoid the temptation to clickbait your readers. Doing so will harm your reputation and may prompt them to unsubscribe from your list.
2. Improve the Quality of Your Content
Once you convince readers to open your email, you need to wow them with high-quality content. If your newsletter is boring or difficult to read, they will close it in a matter of seconds.
To create high-quality content, follow these tips:
- Use Short Paragraphs: Nobody wants to read a giant wall of text. Breaking your email up into short paragraphs makes it much easier for your customers to read.
- Triple-Check for Grammatical Errors: Spelling errors and typos make your newsletter seem unprofessional. Consider using a tool like Grammarly to make sure your writing is mistake-free.
- Use a Consistent Tone: Pick a tone that resonates with your customers, and stick to it. Avoid jumping from formal to informal writing throughout your email.
Before you hit send, have a friend or colleague read your newsletter. If they have trouble getting through it, you may need to re-work it some more before distributing it to the masses.
3. Promote It on Social Media
Many organizations make the mistake of assuming a simple link to a newsletter sign-up form on their website will grow their email list. Unfortunately, it rarely works like that.
If you’d like to grow your list and improve your email marketing results, you will need to promote your newsletter on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The best way to do that is by posting a short snippet or teaser from your newsletter along with a sign-up link. Something like:
- “Our [New Product] lasts 30 percent longer than the competition! For a full head-to-head comparison, subscribe to our newsletter!”
- “We’re having a huge summer sale! Check out our newsletter to see which products are included in the promotion!”
- “The Ford F-Series was the best selling vehicle of 2021. To find out which cars made up the rest of the top 10, sign up for our email newsletter!”
- “Excited to learn more about our [New Product]? You’re in luck! Our newsletter includes a full breakdown of all its best features. Sign up today to check it out!”
We recommend starting by promoting your newsletter in organic posts. However, if you want to grow your email list in a hurry, you can consider taking out an ad instead.
Need Help with Your Email Newsletter? Contact the Experts at Lead Revenue Today!
Would you like to have a team of skilled digital marketers help you take your email newsletter to the next level? If so, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Lead Revenue! We have been helping businesses like yours build excitement, generate leads, and drive sales online for years, and we are ready to go to work for you!
To speak with one of our friendly representatives and learn more about our services, just give us a call at 424-345-1794 or fill in our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!