Last year Google announced that page experience signals would be included in the Google Search ranking. The signals associated with this ranking system measure how users perceive the experience of interacting with a web page and contribute to Google’s ongoing work to ensure people get the most helpful and enjoyable experiences from the web. In May of this year, they will roll out page experience signals ranking that is combined with their core web vitals and existing search signals. With all of that being said, why is this important? They have given business owners ample time to adapt to what their everyday users expect to experience on the web.
Lead Revenue is a Google Premier Partner dedicated to ensuring its clients are on the cutting edge of digital marketing strategy. Starting March 24th at 7 pm EST, we will be hosting a free webinar series dedicated to helping contractors reach the next level, digitally. Contact us today to sign up! If you’re a contractor that wants to generate business online, make your phone ring, and doesn’t want to get left behind, continue reading.
At some point you’ve probably heard the phrase, “SEO is important” and how you won’t get found online without it. However, has anyone ever explained to you what SEO is and why SEO is important? The role of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has changed over the years as search engines have had to adapt to the hacks and tricks every digital marketer raced to use in order to get a leg up on the competition. Today, Google has leveled the playing field so that everyone has access to creating an experience customer’s reward you for with their business. This experience now starts on Google My Business and continues on from there.
With Google’s latest update coming in May, they’ve given us the roadmap for what is to be expected and how to prepare for it. Their Search platform has made it clear their mission is to help users find the most relevant and quality sites on the web. This is why it’s vital that all business owners realize the work to optimize their site and presence online needs to begin today. This is what must be dialed in if you don’t want to get left behind.
Core Web Vitals
- Loading; time it takes for a site to load.
- Interactivity; how interactive your website is from contests to displaying products/services in a way that encourages or even requires visitors to click on certain categories.
- Visual Stability; does your site load images, buttons, and content in a fast and uninterrupted manner?
- Mobile Friendly; 60% of all online searches are now done on mobile devices.
- Safe Browsing; Google’s security system that identifies unsafe websites.
- HTTPS; A site without an SSL certificate will not be indexed by search engines.
- No Intrusive Interstitials; pop up ads that block most or all of the page.
This is just the basics when it comes to your business showing up in Google Search and Maps. All of this will now be paired with Search signals for page experience. Do you think Google will be focused on whose site has the most backlinks, SEO, or latest traffic hacks? No. Google wants to rank the sites at the top that users love the most.
How Do You Optimize Your User Experience?
1. It starts with each page. The faster your website loads, the better experience. Is the content on each page delivering an experience users are searching for?
2. Compare your experience to your competitors. What is that they are doing? How does their content quality compare to yours? What are the differences between their website compared to yours? At Lead Revenue, our Blogging service helps our clients deliver a unique experience with content users are searching for.
3. Analyze your design. What kind of experience is it giving people? At Lead Revenue, we use a Story Brand framework that delivers an unmatched user experience with our Website Development service.
4. Can a user speak with someone on your website? At Lead Revenue, all of our clients have a Live Chat experience dedicated to answering user questions.
These are just a few of the ways you can start optimizing your user experience now before it’s too late. As the new Google algorithm launch approaches, it’s crucial to take steps in the right direction now. Starting on March 24th at 7 pm EST, our team will be hosting a free webinar series dedicated to helping contractors develop a strategy to get ahead of this new change and pick up momentum before the season really kicks off. If you’d like to learn more or sign up for this free webinar series, contact us now to get started!