According to Revealbot, the average cost per click (CPC) across all ad campaigns on Facebook currently sits at about $0.90. If your business is spending significantly more than that, it might be time to begin exploring ways to re-work your marketing strategy to lower your per-person costs.
There are, of course, a wide variety of ways to reduce the CPC of your Facebook ads. However, the Lead Revenue team finds the following techniques to be the most effective:
1. Create Custom Audiences
Facebook understands serving ads its users find annoying will hurt its brand over time. As such, it uses a Relevance Score to calculate the interest the target audience is likely to have in an ad.
The Relevance Score operates on a 1-10 scale. If your score is low, Facebook will charge more to show your ad, and your CPC will increase. If your score is high, your CPC will decrease.
The best way to increase your Relevance Score is to target your ad to a custom audience that’s likely to be highly interested in your product or service.
To create a custom audience, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Log into the Facebook Ads Manager.
- Navigate to the Audiences page.
- Click “Create a Custom Audience.”
- Select the type of custom audience you want to create.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your audience.
You may want to consider creating a few custom audiences and running ad campaigns targeting each of them. Doing so will let you fine-tune your audience to maximize your Relevance Score.
2.Use Eye-Catching Images and Videos
Facebook users typically scroll through their feeds quite quickly. As such, your ad will only be on their screen for a couple of seconds. If you want them to click on your ad, you need to grab their attention immediately.
The best way to accomplish this goal is through the use of eye-catching videos and images. The Lead Revenue team recommends following these tips when creating your graphics:
- Focus on Quality: Well-lit photos taken with a high-quality, professional camera are all but certain to have better results than pictures captured with a low-quality cell phone.
- Keep It Bright: Using bright colors that contrast with Facebook’s blues and whites is an easy way to stand out from the crowd.
- Make It Easy to Read: If you plan to add text to your images or videos, make sure it is easy to read. If users can’t read your ad without reaching for their glasses, they’re likely to keep scrolling.
Generally speaking, the more eye-catching your graphics are, the more clicks you will generate.
Facebook will see those clicks as a sign that your ad is relevant to your audience. As a result, it will increase your Relevance Score and lower your CPC.
3. Improve Your Call to Action
Eye-catching graphics will help users notice your ads. However, if you want them to click on the link to your website, you need to give them a reason to do so.
Without a doubt, the best way to entice people to click is with a compelling call to action, like:
- “Want 25 percent off your next service? Click here to find out how!”
- “This product is only available until Sunday. Act now so you don’t miss out!”
- “Only 3 days left on our big BOGO sale! Place your order today!”
- “With over 1,000 five-star reviews, America loves this product. Grab yours today!”
These calls to action give users a reason to stop what they’re doing and check out your website. They are all but certain to generate more clicks than generic phrases such as:
- “Click here to learn more.”
- “Visit our website today.”
- “See our products here.”
The extra clicks generated by improving your call to action in this way will boost your Relevance Score and decrease your CPC.
Need Help Managing Your Facebook Ads? Contact the Experts at Lead Revenue Today!
Do you need a little help managing your Facebook ad campaigns? If so, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at Lead Revenue. We’ve been helping companies like yours use PPC ads to take their sales figures to the next level for years, and we’d love to do the same for you.